Token Sale Voucher Registration help thread

Hi, looks right to me. But you have one inconsistency left in the FB.

"account": [
        {
          "@type": "Account",
          "placeholder": false,
          "service": "facebook",
          "identifier": "Udukormoh.Phil",
          "proofType": "http",
          "proofUrl": "https://web.facebook.com/udukormoh.phil/posts/297588190735977"
        },

You’ve written Udu.. with capital letters instead of udu.. as it is in the URL. I’d suggest to use lowercase in the identifier. Also, the proof URL, I would write www.facebook.com instead of web.facebook.com, because the former will just redirect to the latter. And better to not have any redirects involved.

Don’t know how you got that, but maybe a) I did something wrong, or b) it didn’t exist when I checked, but did when you did :wink: At least it worked swell for me now.

1 Like

Hi there,

I verified my HackerNews account (blue checkmark and all) but I’m still stuck at the “You’re almost there” modal.

My ID is ID-1JRag47EzD413oMdKLNhZWFsdafP5MMKwd

Could you please help ? @jude perhaps ?

Hi, you only need one verification. So you can try to register now. Check the howtos for registering more ids later.

Thanks for replying! I do have one verification (HackerNews) enable, but registration does not work. Like I said, I am still stuck at the "You’re almost there” modal. Any thought?

For the record, adding a 2nd ID method solved the issue

1 Like

Verify for Github. Follow the help directions at the bottom of the verification page. It’s easy and works.

Hi @odinho, thanks for getting back. I have done the corrections you suggested to verify the FB account and still not getting the desired result. This is really frustrating and discouraging, I have been trying to complete this since the very first day it was launched and i am still not done.

Any other way round this or I should just forget about it altogether?

Hi, both Twitter and Facebook is verified and working well:

[ { service: 'twitter',
    proof_url: 'https://twitter.com/SMphil4christ/status/928708351952814080',
    identifier: 'SMphil4christ',
    valid: true },
  { service: 'facebook',
    proof_url: 'https://www.facebook.com/udukormoh.phil/posts/297588190735977',
    identifier: 'udukormoh.phil',
    valid: true } ]

You only need one validation at this point and you’ve got two. So you can just register by going to blockstack.com.

Or is there somewhere there you’re stopping? You have the latest version of Blockstack Browser?

Thanks @odinho, I have finally been able to complete the registration and I received an email notifying me of further review of my profile before I can receive the voucher.

Please note that on my profile page, both the twitter and Facebook have now returned to UNVERIFIED status. I hope this will not be another issue going forward?

Regards

No, do not worry @DivineWealth. That is only a local problem at your machine, when the verifications are checked, they’re done from your local machine, and something is messing that up for you there. But the document that your blockstack browser has stored on the Gaia network is correct. And when I check it from my machine, it comes out as valid for Facebook and Twitter.

I have registered successfully - how long did the govt ID verification stage take ?

I have downloaded and install the Blockstack browser, provided virified Twitter IDs but I cannot complete my token reservation with less than 48hrs to the end of registration. Please help.

If I could get to my identities page I would be happy to!!!

Here is what I noted when I first tried to register and was wrestling with the social media verification:
1BUdJdnbJR2KenPTZTGbrC9nLtWK5qoZ2C

I hope I got that right!

Hi odinho, Any idea why I cannot access my ID page?

Thanks for everythiing you and Jude are doing to help out!

Did you see my reply below/above. Time is running out!!!

"If I could get to my identities page I would be happy to!!!

Here is what I noted when I first tried to register and was wrestling with the social media verification:

I hope I got that right!"

I keep trying to register for the token sale with the “Register on Blockstack” option but get a message that says:
"Oh no! Our servers are receiving too many requests right now. Please try again later"
I’ve been trying again later for a few days now.
Are there any suggestions as to what I can do to actually register?
My Blockstack ID number is:
ID-17UbRGymyENfLcxvpaA27akBEZpxJTsi5S

oh my goodness I can completely relate, I never could get it to install on my desktop with Linux, gave up and used my laptop.

So i got a email up to upload my i.d where do i have to upload it to?

A bit confused by the process. I believe I’ve registered but have not received the voucher yet as I haven’t been asked too provide gov id yet. Am i at risk of missing the sale? Is there anyw ya to expedite the registration process?

1 Like