BNSWG Meeting Notes

Notes from BNS Working group meetings are available on github and will be posted in this thread.

2 Likes

BNSWG 2021-10-07 1300-1330 UTC

Attendees: Marvin, Mark, Thomas, Larry

Summary

There is general interest in improving BNS so that it can be more widely used in the ecosystem and enable new business models. We want to involve in more stakeholders.

Agenda

  1. Intro: How you plan to use BNS, your interest in this working group
  2. BNS’s position in the stacks ecosystem: traditionally it has been part of the blockchain. Should this continue or should it be separate project built on top of it?
  3. When/How should we engage more community members?
    1. Should this be done via the Stacks foundation or separate org?
  4. Ideas for near-term improvements to BNS
    1. Reverting previous hard fork changes to BNS:
      1. Solving issue 37 (1 principal can own multiple names) for Stacks 2.1
      2. paying namespace creators instead of burning funds
    2. Updating BNS to support SIP-009 NFT Standard
    3. Marvin’s BNSv3
  5. Other business

Action items

  • mark will reach out to additional interested parties
  • marvin will look at the next steps we need to take with the foundation
1 Like

BNSWG 2021-10-14 1400-1430 UTC

Attendees: Gina, Larry, Mark, Thomas

Summary

We discussed next steps and came up with a list of action items.

Action items

  1. larry will post forum post after call posted
  2. larry will reach out to aaron about multiple names per address
  3. thomas will reach out to ludo about his thoughts
  4. gina will ask btc.us team to write up the problems they had with 1 name per address limitation
  5. larry ping marvin about written version of BNSv3 ideas
  6. larry will ask ken if he’s interested in joining
1 Like

BNSWG 2021-11-04 1400-1430 UTC

Attendees: Gina, Larry, Thomas, Mark, Ken, Alex Gaebe, Eshwari, Ludo, Kyran

Summary

Given the large number of new people on the call, each person explained why they are interested in BNS and the creation of a BNS working group.

We discussed a few of the potential improvements, the creation of a roadmap for BNS and the benefits and drawbacks of tying BNS tightly to the Stacks node software and upgrade process.

We quickly ran out of time and a suggestion was made that we outline the issues and discuss in writing and come back on a longer call in the future to discuss solutions. This was agreed and Larry and Mark volunteered to take the lead on logistics.

Action items

  • Larry and Mark will work out logistics on 2021-11-05.

BNSWG 2021-11-05 1330-1430 UTC

Attendees: Mark, Larry

Summary

In order to encourage contribution, each person in the BNSWG needs to own an initiative. These initiatives will be tracked and discussed on Github.

Members will be responsible for promoting/selling their initiatives to the wider community through content they produce.

We’ll plan to have at least one monthly recurring call, the appropriate length of which will be determined in the future.

Action items

  • Mark will write up a README document proposal outlining logistics and how the group will operate.
  • Larry will create initiatives to kick off discussion around the current potentials initiatives raised by members of the group.
2 Likes