Greetings fellow Stackers!
Stacks was born from a project originally focused on building a naming system. As our ecosystem has grown, it has become [increasingly clear](https://github.com/stacksgov/sips/issues/37) that it is both unreasonable and unfair to ask the core blockchain team to also focus on the requirements, functionality and ecosystem being built around our Stacks naming system, BNS. They have too much on their plates and are too far removed from the apps and projects that are building on BNS.
We propose the creation of a new BNS Working Group with the goal of bringing together like-minded individuals and projects to collaborate together to move forward and develop the BNS ecosystem.
These are some of the functionality and features we plan to consider:
- Restoring functionality from BNS in Stacks 1.0 in Stacks 2.1:
- one account can own multiple names
- namespace creators can optionally earn registration fees instead of burning them
- Updating BNS to support the SIP-009 NFT standard
- Enabling hierarchical namespaces with custom registration rules governed by smart contract
If you are interested in participating, please watch this forum thread for updates!
Larry @ New Internet Labs
Gina @ Hiro Systems
Mark @ Hiro Systems
Thomas @ Fungible Systems
Marvin @ Stacks Foundation