Blockstack Summit NYC 2015 Mega Thread

Thank you everyone who participated in Blockstack Summit NYC 2015! I had a great time at the event and hope you did too :smile:

If you have any feedback about the event that youโ€™d like to share, please fill out this short survey:

I will be adding lightning talk slides, social media posts, pictures, and videos from the event to this thread throughout the week, and encourage you to do the same!

Special thanks to the following people who helped make the event a success:

Host: NYU Professor Lakshmi Subramanian & NYU event staff
Panel moderator: Princeton Professor JP Singh
Panelists: Albert Wenger, Jalak Jobanputra, Naval Ravikant, William Mougayar
Lightning talk presenters: Muneeb Ali, Jude Nelson, Kristov Atlas, Wayne Vaughan, Jay Feldis, Greg Slepak, Christopher Allen, Denis Nazarov, Chris Pacia, Juan Benet, and Ryan Shea.
Contributors: Elizabeth Stark, Guy Lepage, Jude Nelson, and Tatiana Moroz.

Big thanks to our sponsors:

Chain
itBit
Blockchain
Onename
Bitseed
Tierion
OB1
Chord

And promotional partners:
CoinDesk
MIT Media Labโ€™s Digital Currency Initiative

Without all of your help, this event would not have been possible - thank you!

EDIT:

Blockstack Summit NYC 2015 Review, Part 1

Blockstack Summit NYC 2015 photo album

Tweets from the event:

Really loved the event! Great job everyone. I think we should use http://storify.com to create a write up of the event (insert tweets / pictures) and then share it with the community members who were not able to make it. I can spend some time on this next week.

Here is an example of storify created from tweets: http://avc.com/2012/02/back-to-school/

Although not sure how long the content there stays online. Posting on the forum might make sense because then the content is just on this forum. Storify seems super simple for searching Twitter etc and just dragging dropping things.

2 Likes

Disappointing mega thread! Where are the pics? Where are the videos?! :frowning:

Pictures are coming today @larry

I mentioned this here:

Thereโ€™s a lot to go through, but @muneeb got a great head start by finding tweets and sharing them in the Slack. We can move a lot of that here.

2 Likes

Yes, the event was great, thanks a lot for putting it together. I had some awesome conversations with really sharp folks.

3 Likes