• Results from the Google Sheet
  • Categories / Grouping of Ideas
    • Clarity / Smart Contracts
    • App Tokens
    • App Chains
    • Shared Tools
    • Education / Misc
  • Next Steps

Video Recording: https://zoom.us/rec/play/7JMtdbuvpzw3SNaSsASDAvAsW9TpfP6s2ilN8qBYxByyW3lSMFr0YbYRNuFSEju5r7Ev5azX0x_sOFXK?autoplay=true&startTime=1584975842000

During the Business Lab Meeting on 2020/03/23 we discussed the RICE Scoring of several ideas submitted by the community in this Google Sheet, as well as took an additional vote during the meeting to prioritize our top ideas from the main list of ~40 or so entries.

RICE = Reach, Impact, Confidence, Effort
It is an easy way to identify priority and best use of our time based on a formula using all four of the categories.

I also categorized the entries on the sheet into 5 groups that I see as most important, and Patrick weighed in with some thoughts on the potential of user staking and delegation as a new business model possible in the Blockstack ecosystem.

Please find additional information on each item below, and feel free to weigh in with any comments, votes, concerns, ideas, break-throughs, and/or mind-bending far-out concepts.

RICE Score Results from Meeting

The actual results were a bit skewed. There was not a clear definition of reach, and in some cases, items with less effort were prioritized higher than respondents would have preferred. This led to a slight difference in the results by highest RICE score versus what people felt were the “most exciting” or “most influential” topics.

Instead of posting the results based on the highest RICE score (which can be viewed in the sheet, if you are interested), the items below were the items discussed live in the meeting as the “most exciting” or “most influential” topics.

Name Top Entries
Jenny Tutorial on Economics of Stacks 2, what are the real opportunities?
Gina Workshop: when and how to use app tokens, for whole crypto-ecosystem
Gina Zero to Clarity tutorial would be very useful
Peter T. All tutorials and educational materials
Peter T. Focus on the ability to jump in, get up to speed, and work quickly

Results from the Google Sheet

Following those results, we also had the community jump into the Google Sheet and add comments to the RICE Scoring Template page. It was a quick exercise to try and indicate five of the ideas they would put at the top of their own list.

The results here were interesting!

Votes Entries
5 Workshop: how and when to use app tokens
4 Tutorial: Zero-to-Clarity, how to write and implement Clarity smart contracts
4 Proof of HODL Login to enable user-staker model [+PoX to reward stakeholders]
3 Subcommittee: focus on app chain research and development
3 Workshop: understanding app chains
2 Integration: using Clarity to interact with crypto exchanges
1 Hackathon: most innovative use cases of Clarity
1 Tutorial: Economics of Stacks 2.0 (how different stakeholders, i.e. miners, stackers, can generate value for the ecosystem)

Categories / Grouping of Ideas

Finally, below are the categories including some related resources, thoughts, and the related line items from the Google sheet.

Clarity / Smart Contracts

Clarity / Smart Contracts from Sheet
  • Hackathon: most innovative use cases of Clarity
  • Integration: using Clarity to interact with crypto exchanges
  • Smart Contract: certify documents
  • Smart Contract: create a time-sensitive token whose value goes to zero after a certain deadline
  • Smart Contract: randomly select a winner, like in a lottery
  • Smart Contract: track collaboration between users
  • Smart Contract: verify data from IoT devices
  • Smart Contract: verify multiple identities
  • Smart Contract: verify signatures
  • Tutorial: how to build an NFT smart contract
  • Tutorial: Zero-to-Clarity, how to write and implement Clarity smart contracts
  • Blockstack Certification Registry - Reputation Verification: Create a smart contract executed between a “Certificate Issuing Authority” and a “Student” - Creates a verifiable Reputation Registry for Blockchain / Blockstack professionals for various levels (developer, architect)
  • "Blockstack Gaming: Would be interested in setting up a smart contract interacting with STX to provide the ability to 1) Create a game - contribute tokens 2) Joining the game - contribute tokens 3) Determining a winner - assign tokens.
  • A couple of ideas:
    • Challenge app - Flip a Coin
    • Challenge app - How much will BTC be a week from now?
    • Fantasy league - Create a fantasy league for Crypto trading - https://github.com/ERPGenie/BlockstackGame"
  • Workshop: how to use smart contracts for pay-as-you-go or subscription services
  • Tutorial: App creators creating value for the ecosystem, i.e. reward existing holders with STX and convert new users to STX hodlers via app usage

App Tokens

• big questions and interest around the “how” and “when” of app tokens (top voted item)
  • opens up a new market for things like exchanges, mining, and atomic swaps
  • enables proof of HODL mechanism, creates “user staker”: stronger customer base
App Tokens from Sheet
  • Tutorial: how to build a new token on Stacks 2.0
  • Workshop: how and when to use app tokens
  • Proof of HODL Login to enable user-staker model [+PoX to reward stakeholders]

App Chains

App Chains from Sheet
  • Subcommittee: focus on app chain research and development
  • Workshop: monetizing data, data storage
  • Workshop: understanding app chains
  • Proof of HODL Login to enable user-staker model [+PoX to reward stakeholders]

Shared Tools

Hey devs! gaiator is a bulk operation tool for basic gaia functions. purpose is making blockstack.js more integrable with other programming languages/environments on server/cli side. Your feedback will be highly appreciated!

Shared Tools from Sheet
  • Dev: Create accessible, “no-code” tools to build new dApps
  • Workshop: build a decentralized Radiks
  • Hackathon: improving developer experience and developer tools on Blockstack, i.e. overhauling Radiks

Education / Misc

• There are definitely a lot of tutorials and information already out there, and some great subjects that came up as we move into new territory with Stacks 2.0. As this evolves, please continue to follow the Community Project & Communications Management guidelines so we can turn more of these ideas into actionable items!
Education / Misc from Sheet
  • Dev: Figure out ways to create crypto hybrid models, i.e. BTC/STX or ETH/STX in order to connect to the wider crypto ecosystem
  • Tutorial: Economics of Stacks 2.0 (how different stakeholders, i.e. miners, stackers, can generate value for the ecosystem)
  • Tutorial: Zero-to-STX, how to send/receive STX as part of your app
  • Tutorial: Zero-to-Token, how to send/receive STX as part of your app
  • Wiki: existing crypto specific business models, i.e. micro transactions, money streaming, crypto collectibles, ICOs, NFTs, flash loans, staking
  • Agree on what makes potential business models on Blockstack unique, i.e. ability to support app chains and payments for data
  • Come up with user friendly experiences / models that abstract away complexity of crypto, i.e. users can simply engage with fiat
  • Zero to Fiat / Zero to STX / Zero to newCoin() / Zero to Delegator

Next Steps

4 Likes

:muscle:t5:Thank you kindly for all this every week! Has been very helpful in following along & staying up to date.:pray:t5:

3 Likes

Nice update @woahbuddy ! Super helpful

I have just had the chance to review all the consultation about Business Models done during the Monday’s meeting that I could not join. Very good job, clearly there is a lot that can be done. I agree about the strategy to look for the business models that are more suitable for the Blockstack technology and that provide an advantage compared to other ecosystems. This same strategy could be applied to the future appmining.
Yesterday, we had our 1st Blockstack Chile community meeting in Chile, it went better than what I expected, a lot of interest from attendees!
Now trying to apply the Surviving Coronavirus Model while trying to advance in all our endeavours! Cheers

1 Like