Username gone and ID merge

Hello,

A couple of questions:

1. I was logged out of my ID and when I went to recover the username I had selected it was no longer attached to the ID. I tried to add it, but it says it was taken. I assume it’s still mine, but I am unsure of how to recover the username into the actual id.

I tried recovery through both the 12 word phrase as well as the code emailed to me and both gave the same result which was just the ID number but no username.

1. I created two IDs but did not realize at the time that I could have a sub ID under the main identity. Is it possible for me to somehow import the second ID so it is a sub account under my primary identity?

Thanks for any help

Sorry you’re having trouble with this, @denisbkk.id.blocksta.

To be clear, you registered two separate IDs with their own distinct 12-word phrase, correct?

And did you register one username under one of those IDs, or two usernames – one under one ID and the other under other ID?

I’m thinking you aren’t able to see the username you’re trying to restore because you’re attempting to restore under the other ID you registered. But I’m not entirely sure if I understand your scenario per the questions above.

If you want to transfer a username between IDs, that’s certainly possible. But you’ll have to use our CLI to do it: https://docs.blockstack.org/develop/clidocs#transfer

Hi mark,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for not being more clear.

To answer your questions:

To be clear, you registered two separate IDs with their own distinct 12-word phrase, correct? Yes

And did you register one username under one of those IDs, or two usernames – one under one ID and the other under other ID? Two usernames under to separate IDs

So overall I created two ids. On the first id, which is the Denisbkk I am using here, everything is fine and I would like this to be my ‘master’ ID. I accidentally created a second ID which i wanted to be sub to denisbkk, but ended up being a separate ID, and now I have two issues with it.

First I logged out and then when I tried to log back in using both the mnemonic once and the code sent via email once, the ID restored but minus the username I had created. When I try to add the username now, it says it has been taken.

Second, I would like to make this same ID a sub ID of the denisbkk master.

So it looks like you just sent me an option for the second problem I have to merge the two. Thanks for that, I will check this out.

Now all I am trying to do is retrieve the username which for whatever reason is not being recovered with the id.

Thanks for your help