Unable to recover an Identity on a New Web Browser

TL;DR = I am unable to restore a BlockStack ID (e.g. name.id.blockstack) on my Desktop Chrome Browser that is currently active AND signed in on my Mobile Chrome Browser

I. On my Mobile Chrome Browser:

1. I created a Blockstack ID under an username, let’s call it: FnameLname.id.blockstack.
  2. I was given an ‘ID-Address’: ID-LongStringForFnameLname that is unique to this Blockstack ID
  3. I have password, the secret recovery code, 12 word thingy…all of the things.
  4. I go to ‘Identity’ tab to add a second ID, username, lets call it: Fname.id.blockstack.
  5. I am given an ‘ID-Address’: ID-LongStringForFname that is unique to THIS Blockstack ID
  6. I select the second Identity: ‘Fname.id.blockstack’ as the ‘Default’ identity and a little check mark thingy shows up next to it which, I believe, means it IS the default ID now
  7. My understanding now is, Both ID’s are tied to the same login, secret code, phrase,etc. and when I log into any other device I should, at least, see BOTH ID as options under the Identity tab…

II. On my Desktop Chrome Browser:

1. I log into Blockstack using the information I have: I the “Enter Secret Recovery Key or Magic Recovery Code”, the Password, and email associated
  2. I am met with the FIRST ID: FnameLname.id.blockstack, no biggie, I figured, its a new instance on THIS Chrome browser so, I go to Identities Tab to, hopefully select: Fname.id.blockstack as the Default for THIS instance of Chrome but, this Identity is MIA(?!)
  3. When I go to ‘add’ or ‘restore’ it automatically give’s you a new ID-Address, which is diff from the Mobile Chrome one that is associated with Fname.id.blockstack
  4. When I get to area where you can add via name I enter Fname and its taken, I can register it with nnnn BTC but cannot, say, enter its ID-Address and attempt to recover.

Me so confused. How to recover my Fname.id.blockstack?!
I haven’t restarted my phone in weeks, fearing losing my, apparently, orphaned ID.

Pleeeeease haaalp!

Cheers,

1 Like

I am having a similar problem. I created a Blockstack ID in Chrome Incognito mode and got the email for my FnameMname.id.blockstack. I have the password, secret recovery key, and magic recovery code.

I closed the Incognito window and logged in in a normal Chrome window. I am able to sign into the account I created, but there is now no username associated with it. When I go to add the username I previously added, it says that it is already taken.

Like OP, it seems I have lost access to this username (FnameMname.id.blockstack). Unlike OP, I only had one identity on the account. How can I associate my username with my Blockstack account again?

1 Like

Same problem here my brothers. I created a Blockstack ID in Google Chrome and got the email for my FnameMname.id.blockstack . I have the password, secret recovery key, and magic recovery code.

I cleared my google chrome browsing history .then I am able to sign into the account I created, but there is now no username associated with it. Only i found my photo , my name and Bio but no User Name ! . When I go to add the username I previously added, it says that it is already taken.

How can I associate my username with my BlockStack account again?.
Regards,
Shouman