Two IDs in same address

I have registered several IDs, some ID’s are linked with one address which is what I supposed it should be. But the problem is that I have 2 IDs linked to the same address. How is that possible and how can I fix it?

If you search in the explorer for that specific dares it will show 2 IDs. Please help.

Thanks

The Blockstack Browser does not currently have features to manage multiple IDs registered to the same address. However, there is nothing wrong or incorrect about it. You’ll just have to wait until the browser is updated to support managing one address with multiple IDs.

Ok, so I should leave like that for now?

I would love to understand what the concept was behind allowing multiple id’s to be registered to the same address! Can someone explain the thinking behind this?

No different than someone buying up multiple .com or .org addresses. A person would be able to own multiple IDs on Blockstack and then be able to sell them in the future at a markup if the platform takes off. I do believe you have to re-register every two years, though. And the reason they’re charging money is to discourage squatters from just coming in and buying up all the usernames for no fee.

@jhettich The system was designed that way to allow for flexibility in future implementation. Later, in designing the browser we decided that it was best to have a 1:1 address to id mapping. We have an open issue on the browser for enabling transferring of names that are affected this way: https://github.com/blockstack/blockstack-browser/issues/1075