Token sale: Too many server requests; slow sign in

While attempting to go through the token registration I seem to be running into two issues:

1. I keep getting the message “Oh no! Our servers are receiving too many requests right now. Please try again later.”

and

2. After dozens of tries spread out over many hours, I finally got through, but the loading/signing in message just remained there, apparently stuck at that step. After about 15 minutes I used the Cancel button. I tried a few more times with the same result. Now I’m back to the “Our servers are receiving too many requests . . . “ message.

After this I checked the forums, and downloaded and installed the latest v20.1 browser for Windows to replace the v20.0 browser. I did the Ctrl+F5 reset, then restored my blockchain / identity. The browser seems to be working fine, but I still just get the “too many requests” message when I try to register for the token sale.

QUESTIONS:

1. Can Blockstack bring more servers online to prevent the “too many requests” issue?

2. Is there anything else that I need to do to get past the loading/signing-in step?

Update: I finally got past the “too many requests” notice, and clicked to approve using my ID to sign on. Then got the message “signing on”, but nothing happened after that. I left it in that state for an hour and four minutes, then canceled the sign-on attempt, and tried again.

Now I’m back to getting the "Oh no! . . . too many requests . . . " message.

Any suggestions?

Would be interesting to get to know some of this. I never saw the server overloaded, but it’s clear many do…

What is this @jude or @jackzampolin , is it checking the proofs server side before allowing people to register? You already seem to be using cloud flare for the more static pages. Are there some scaling issues on the backend?

After several tries I got odhino’s Web based approach to work. Thanks, odhino.
See: this discussion thread for his Web based approach.

Because of this I won’t be pursuing the blockstack browser based approach any more.

Hey @viewer2017, @odinho,

Sorry you were having trouble, @viewer2017! It was discovered earlier today that some of the “Oh no! Too many requests!” error can also occur if some or all of the social proofs are invalid. This has been fixed in the latest version of the browser (v0.21).

1 Like