Switching between multiple IDs that have the same address?

I registered a second name today, so I have both jamiew.id and jamiedubs.id

https://explorer.blockstack.org/address/18h4uecwF3XXHJFKJufUkkNPaoHTeJKZZ2

Is it not possible to switch between them with Blockstack Browser?

You can switch between them by clicking “more” on the ID page. The two IDs you bought should be listed there and you can toggle back and forth between them, setting the default ID there. Before you sign into a Dapp for the first time, you should still be prompted with picking between the two but it should go to the “default” one you selected.

Let me know if this works!

That’s what I would’ve expected, but I only see the newer ID:

Should be fine as I prefer using jamiew.id, but just curious to make sure jamiedubs.id is not lost

Yeah, that’s really strange. I’d reset your Blockstack browser and try starting fresh by bringing your profile back up. Hopefully that’ll work.

I’ve got exactly the same problem and have reset and restored my browser a few times now, but the only id showing up is one I’ve had for a while (stefanferreira.id). The ID I purchased last week (stefanf28.id) doesn’t show up in the browser.

Explorer shows that I do own it: https://explorer.blockstack.org/address/1JUCnD6TTyVwmBPiYRXdcoBRUenYQoQ9hQ

You’ll need to click the add new id option, then it will automatically match up your other id with the newly created temp id assigned. By default restoring your browser will only restore your original ID.

1 Like

Hi @jamiew and @stefanf28,

It looks like your names are owned by the same Blockstack ID respectively:

1JUCnD6TTyVwmBPiYRXdcoBRUenYQoQ9hQ

18h4uecwF3XXHJFKJufUkkNPaoHTeJKZZ2

Currently, the browser will only display one name owned per identity address as the intended use of the browser is to generate a new identity address for every name you wish to buy/own/manage. Since multiple names are owned by a single identity address, only one of those names will be displayed.

Also, there can be an inconsistency between which name shows up, depending on the order the names are returned by the API endpoint that looks up the names owned by an address. They don’t come out in a specific order and it can change between calls.

We currently have two GitHub issues open to track this and provide a better user experience for multi-name addresses:

1 Like

Thanks, I suspected I did something bad. FWIW my Blockstack Browser seems to always select the most recent name (jamiew.id)

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. Will keep an eye on those updates. Luckily for me the one defaulting in the browser is the one I’m actively using at this stage. Just wanted to reserve the other for future use and at least that’s happened.