Stacks v2 throughput

Does any one know the Stacks V2 throughput ? I have not seen it mentioned on the blog, Vids. So what 's the estimate?.. how many transactions per Second?. I am new here, If someone can point me to that kind of info, it would be nice of them.

My understanding is that there is no technical limit for streamed transactions in micro-blocks.

Confirmations are a quick as on the bitcoin blockchain.

Does bitcoin performance affects throughput at all?. My understanding is that this new proof of burn will be different than the current version but I wonder at some the blockchain whose currency you are burning has to somehow affect how fast you can produce/agree on the next block?.

Yes, one block one the bitcoin chain is one block on blockstack chain. However, you can put as many micro blocks between these two blocks as you can.

Oh I see…Would you happen to know If the new smart contract language will allow to write complex logic like in in Solidity(Ethereum)?. I also wonder why choose Lisp, I get It has some nice properties but It’s not exactly a very popular language with developer mind share currently. The trend seems to be modifying WebAssembly for other blockchains like Ethereum 2.0 and Parity… and then allow to write smart contract in all the languages that compiles in to WASM currently which means currently Rust, C, TYPESCRIPT and Go has started early experimentation for WASM…

This isn’t entire true…the number of microblocks you can append per anchored block must not exceed 1 MB in total size.

why is that? If it’s because of the size of a Bitcoin block then shouldn’t it be well below this since each bitcoin block will have other transactions besides just Stacks transactions. So, if a bitcoin block is full then the Stacks transactions go into the bitcoin mempool? How does it work with full blocks and what are the ramifications of high BTC Tx fees when blocks are full for extended periods? thanks.

Stacks transactions and the Stacks blockchain are separate systems from Bitcoin – Stacks transactions go into the Stacks mempool, and Stacks blocks and microblocks are stored and handled outside of Bitcoin. Only Bitcoin transactions that mine Stacks blocks go into the Bitcoin mempool (and you’d pay a tx fee on them to help make sure they get mined quickly).

Like all blockchains, the Stacks blockchain needs to limit how much data can be transmitted per second. This is why the total size of a Stacks miner’s epoch (i.e. the size of its Bitcoin-anchored block, plus the size of all of the microblocks it appends to it) must have a protocol-defined finite size that is small enough that all people running Stacks nodes on reasonable hardware with reasonable bandwidth can download them in a timely manner. That’s part of the “social contract” that blockchains encode – everyone who can set up a node can maintain a full, independent replica they can audit. For this reason, there’s a cap on how much data a miner can produce during its tenure.

I imagine you guys are too busy atm building to create new diagrams, but I’d love for there to be a diagram like below that helps people understand how it all works - to put in the Blockstack Wiki. Are there any pointers to the information required to create such an updated diagram other than a brain dump from you or trying to grok the source code?

Good question! @hank @Stacks_Joe what do you think? I can get it up on an FAQ page if we have something like this made