I would love to see something like Banter available for websites to drop in as a comment system, similar to how Disqus functions today.
For those who have not seen or do not remember Banter, it was a proof of concept from @hank showing off how Radiks could be used to make a simple social network.
- The website was here, but is currently offline: https://banter.pub
- You can sort of see the concept here: https://web.archive.org/web/20200809060422/https://banter.pub/
- It was covered more in-depth in this blog post: https://blog.blockstack.org/radiks-blockstack-banter-real-time-updates-social-notifications-and-more/
- And a larger thread on Radiks and Decentralization is here: Radiks Decentralization Proposal
- GitHub repo for Banter: https://github.com/blockstack-radiks/banter
As a user, I would like to see a consistent interface where you can authenticate with your Stacks ID, then post a comment that pulls some basic items like profile picture and general information alongside any comments you make.
Other nice-to-haves would be:
- a mechanism for comment moderation by the site owner
- a mechanism for upvote/downvote by site owner or users
- support for sanitized markdown in comments for that extra style
I’m sure there is more that could be built on top of that, and I’m open to feedback from anyone interested as well as willing to review interfaces or test code where possible.