Over the past few weeks I’ve sourced ideas for different Clarity smart contracts from the Blockstack community at large, and want to share all of them here. My idea is we can use this initial list to decide on the best 3-5 “template” Clarity smart contracts to create near term. These are not super specific contracts, but rather general templates that many can tweak to serve a specific use case. An example would be a pay-per-view contract.
Ideally the result of this exercise is an initial set of Clarity smart contracts, with documentation, that enable a developer to quickly get up and running with Clarity, and implement things like novel business models, by the end of March. Blockstack PBC may offer some bounties or rewards for building the contracts and documentation, but the engineering bandwidth will need to come from the community.
If there is a working group that would like to take this on, please ping @jrmith and myself. The list:
- Pooling contract for Stacking
- DAO Contracts (Moloch DAO, but on Blockstack, for profit DAO, open source DAO)
- Escrow contract
- Contract to generate a nonfungible token
- Contract to generate a fungible token
- Business model Contracts: pay per view contract, subscription contract, media access contract etc…
- Barter contract
- Vesting contract (put assets in a contract, and it pays them back or out to others on a specified vesting schedule)
- http communication from a contract with timers
- Crypto collateralized stablecoin contract
- Contract for access control to a data collection
- Testing framework similar to JUnit for java