Registration of a new namespace?

Hey Hey,
I want to discuss creating .project (in a district thread)
This $ blockstack get_namespace_cost
^appears to be a quote for a new namespace right?
Because looks like .project would cost about 0.4 BTC
This is pretty cool :sunglasses: if I’m interpretting this right.
This is need in my opinion for Souq, to avoid having ‘project’ stuff in .id namespace.
(cuz thats where I test)

Also sounds like I might be needing to do a .reviews ? see my other post about Rep/Review Logical Analysis Needed for details.

Thanks,
Ty

Hey @cryptocracy,

This $ blockstack get_namespace_cost
^appears to be a quote for a new namespace right?

I got 4 BTC

$ blockstack get_namespace_cost project
{
    "indexing": false, 
    "lastblock": 461725, 
    "satoshis": 400000000, 
    "status": true
}

If you do projects, though, it’s 0.4 BTC. Any namespace between 8 and 19 characters will be 0.4 BTC.

This is need in my opinion for Souq, to avoid having ‘project’ stuff in .id namespace.
(cuz thats where I test)

Also sounds like I might be needing to do a .reviews ? see my other post about Rep/Review Logical Analysis Needed for details.

Sure, that would be fine :slight_smile: . If you want to save BTC, you could name it something like souq_reviews, or use the projects namespace but require names that correspond to reviews to have a well-known substring pattern (e.g. if the project name is foo.project, then a corresponding review could be something like foo-rv0123456.project). Your software would generate and select names correctly behind-the-scenes.

Related, I just pushed code to rc-0.14.2 that adds an interactive wizard for namespace-creation and name imports :slight_smile:

4 Likes