Rating, reviewing, whistleblowing, polling, voting

Will Blockstack be an appropriate platform for the creation of a universal system of ratings and reviews? Currently, the job R&R space is dominated by companies like Glassdoor which hides and distorts user data and exploits users for companies that are recruiting. For example, I am sent open job notices for the very company that I said was a horrible place to work. Other companies, like Amazon, exploit our feedback for their own benefit.

Such a system, offering anonymous and attributed - under user control, could then be extended for whistle blowers and for user controlled polling and voting. Is anyone else on this forum interested in these topics?

1 Like

@frank01945 Great question! This would be a great usecase for Blockstack. Individual users would store their own reviews. Those reviews could be easily indexed by a simple web application. We have a lot of folks interested in similar applications.

Jack, thanks for your response. What could be next steps to making it happen?

@frank01945 We reciently raised a fund to help support folks building on top of blockstack. So one way could be getting your idea funded and raising a team. You could also just start building! Our tutorials are a great place to start.

Thanks Jack, I applied today, and look forward to the response.

1 Like