Questions about decentralized apps for the mailing list

Hey everyone. We’re planning on sending out an email to the mailing list with a set of questions with the goal of figuring out what decentralized apps people want to see and which ones they would actually use.

Here’s the current set of questions we’re thinking of using. If there are others you think we should include that help us accomplish this goal please post them below.

1. What decentralized app do you wish existed?
  2. What app do you use regularly today where you wish you had better privacy?
  3. What app do you use regularly today where the platform has too much control?
  4. What app would you like to use where you can transact in cryptocurrency?
  5. What app would you leave today for a decentralized alternative?
4 Likes

Other questions that were up for consideration:

1. What app do you use regularly today where you wish you had more control over the experience through consumer choice?
  2. What app do you use regularly today where you’re currently being blocked from doing or saying something that you wish you could do or say?
3 Likes

There are some demands for decentralization apps,

1. Crypto exchange
  2. Dating apps - protect privacy users.
  3. Social apps - memorialize content.
  4. Game - Users need token to get more exciting.
  5. Ebay-like apps.
  6. Incentive apps - where users can earn money.
  7. Gambling apps.

I don’t know how to put these in questions. But…Anyhow, That’s my thoughts.

2 Likes

Some of my wishes:

1. What decentralized app do you wish existed?
  • Would like professional dapps like dock.io with more powerful features which can serve both as verified professional identity and avoid select background check process that is followed after hiring.
  • dapp to save quotes, ideas and patents
  • https://miroculus.com/ kind of secure & trusted digital microfluidics platform
  1. What app do you use regularly today where you wish you had better privacy?
  • I use Fitbit & Strava (someone likes my exercise routine and sends spam message)
  • So need ‘Health Data store’ - which can save all your personal health data, lab reports, daily health stats from various wearables & diabetes monitor.
  1. What app do you use regularly today where the platform has too much control?
  • Social networks like FB, Alexa & Youtube (only app level tags)
    Wishes:
  • Smart IoT home gateway - personal store for IoT, smart homes etc and user has control of the data and only AI or ML programs can be bought from device or service manufactures.
  • Music & Video store & shared medium - where identity is baked into original content rather than being just application level tags. To protect piracy.
  1. What app would you like to use where you can transact in cryptocurrency?
  • Like prandex (eth based for now)
  1. What app would you leave today for a decentralized alternative?
  • Amazon, FB, LinkedIn & Google Docs
    Wish: openbazaar and started using Dock.io (eth based), graphite.

What app do you use regularly today where you wish you had more control over the experience through consumer choice?

• Again Smart home applications like Alexa

What app do you use regularly today where you’re currently being blocked from doing or saying something that you wish you could do or say?

• Hard to answer but most of the apps (as we are restricted by features provided by app or platform). Eg Uber car pooling, their algorithm chooses the co-rider based on riders heading in the same direction and cheaper fare. Or driver choose us based on our user rating or location.
    Wish: dapp where I can choose my co-rider or even driver (from available list of drivers & their rating and history) during public car pooling.

3 Likes

“What task do you do without the internet today that suddenly is “internetizeable” due to the existence of blockchains and decentralization tech?”

Thinking about using this set of questions:

• What decentralized app do you wish existed?
  • What app would you leave today for a decentralized alternative?
  • What app would you like to use where you can transact in cryptocurrency?
  • What app do you use regularly today where you wish you had better privacy?
  • Just as mobile led to Uber as a replacement for taxis, what could you envision doing only now that blockchains exist?
2 Likes

:thinking:This will be next killer dapp based out of BlockStack.

1 Like

Would love a LastPass replacement, to assuage the nightmare of someone gaining access to my entire life.

1 Like

Re crypto transacting dapps, maybe something that streamlines micro transactions between approved friends and housemates, to split bills. Basically Splitwise without the extra effort of manually settling transactions in online banking and updating balances.

Why not work with it? I know a lot of websites offering fast income and assistants like the mentioned one. But my question is how to check their work before starting to use?