Many community members of the BNS Discord would like to know the current circumstance of how unicode will be implemented and if punnycode minters will be effected by this. Us as community would like there to be some sort of implementation for people that own the punnycode version of a domain and either get airdropped the unicode version or the punnycodes gets converted to the unicode version, whenever unicode is implemented. This is a big concern and would love to have answers on it.
I think this can only happen through a SIP. Currently, there is nothing like that, not even a draft. To me it is unclear whether there will be unicode names or not.
I think until there’s a solution to this and to not harm early investors, unicode should be delayed until then.
Any updates on unicode or punnycode?