Pasted a wrong Facebook URL. How to change it?

Hi there,

I had a misspelling in my URL for the Facebook verification, so it can’t verify. How can I correct the Facebook URL to my verification message?

Kind regards,
Daniel

3 Likes

I did the same thing. :rofl:

Good to know that I am not the only one. :wink:

Any solution?

Nope, not yet. But tbh haven’t really looked yet. I’ve got other things verified so not worried about Facebook right away.

Did the same thing with HN. Would love a solve.

Add me to list. I thought it had a problem so I deleted the FB post :\

To fix it go to your account profile page and click the edit button at the top of the screen. When you do that, you’ll get an edit icon next to all your verification. This will allow you to update the info provided for verification.

6 Likes

Thanks @jehunter5811, that worked.

How long does ist usually take to get verified? Because even after editing the links I’m still unverified on all networks.

1 Like

I noticed this as well. So, that part I’m not sure about.

1 Like

@dkohtes When that same thing happened to me, I realized it was because I’d overlooked the field asking for my username for each one. As soon as I included my username and submitted my confirmation url, then it verified me immediately.

1 Like

Oh in fact my Facebook identity remains unverified, with the red ‘unverified’ badge, even after adding my username and updating the confirmation url.

How long ago did you verify the other identities? Where you using a different version (mine is 0.19.0) than?
When I click on e.g. LinkedIn I am transferred to my linkedIn profile where I can see the message with the id url. I did copy the confirmation URL from linkedin into the correct id field. But still “unverified”.

I downloaded Blockstack and verified over the last couple of days. Everything worked fine (after I figured out I had to input my username for everything) except for Facebook which remains unverified. I tried deleting the link preview in the FB post, so that it’s just the URL in the post, but that didn’t help.

Are you getting the red “unverified” badge for LinkedIn? Or does it just not do anything at all after you click “Verify?” I was just getting nothing until I noticed I needed to enter a username at the top of the modal.

I’m in the same boat; I pasted the incorrect link for a LinkedIn verification. How can I retry?

1. at Blockstack Home/IDs/
  2. after clicking the unverified link, on LinkedIn

Never mind! Found the fix (the ‘Edit’ button on the top left of the IDs page) :flushed:

1 Like

Yes, I get the red “unverified” for LinkedIn, Facebook and Github.

All the usernames are correct, all the links are correct. What else can I check?

The only thing I can think of is to check and see if all your links are publicly available. Try opening them in a Chrome incognito window. Or ask a friend to try to view them.

Someone else told me they had to open access to their ‘posts and activity’ by setting it to ‘public’ in Linkedin settings in order to get that verification to work.

1 Like

Mmmh, might be the problem with LinkedIn but not with Github.

Need a break now. Will try during weekend or next week.

Thanks for your support so far.

2 Likes

Just received the invitation to update to Blockstack 0.20.0 and now all verifications are working just fine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@mizkirsten Thats great advice! Thanks for the tip

@dkohtes Glad you were able to get it working!