Original STACK Wallet to a New Wallet - HELP

I purchased my original tokens during the ICO and stored them on the original STACKS WALLET until the last unlocked tokens became available which is soon.

I now see that the old wallet is no longer supported so I downloaded the HIRO wallet and entered my 12 Word Seed and my balance does not show in this wallet.

The old wallet still shows the correct balance, but not the HIRO wallet although it accepts my 12-word seed without an issue. How can I access my tokens at this point to transfer them to another wallet or an exchange?

Thank you in advance.

Additional info:

-I am using MacOS
-My seed was 12 words

Panicked a bit but solved the issue. CryptoGoatMan, did you use the ledger / trezor with the original STX wallet? If so, here’s the KA to walk through, How can I use my Ledger device with the Hiro Wallet?

Hi did you find answer for this. I don’t have ledger and had 12 word phrase as yours

Same here - when I put in my 12 word seed phrase my balance shows zero. When I click “explorer” the Address that comes up vs. the Address I put in for the 2019 offering are different…

I have the same problem. No one from the team ever replied?

I have the same issue.
As I investigated tokens can be accessed only via new Hiro wallet. The problem is that it’s needed to have 24 words seed phrase from old Stacks wallet in order to get access to funds. And there’s no function in the old wallet to extract that seed phrase. Many people have same problem so we should push Stacks team to act and fix it.
I suggest you to write email to support [email protected] and ask to make a patch or something like that as soon as possible to provide a way to get a seed phrase from old Stacks wallet. Otherwise looks like all tokens will be lost.

2 Likes

it’s sad but you may lose your token, you need to get a 24-word seed from old stack wallet, maybe contacting them would help since the team hasn’t replied to this. i would love to email them and give you an update since also have the same problem as yours.