Open Invitation to Live App Mining Game Theorist Presentation

Hello, All!

We would like to invite you to an open video meeting presentation on the App Mining guidelines as designed by expert Princeton and NYU Game Theorist P.h.D’s. They have been advising in creating the incentive structure of App Mining with the aim to create a fair and transparent system. They have worked through the rationale for a fair ranking algorithm where the goal is to rank the best Blockstack apps the highest. They have also taken months to create a system that will mitigate cheating or gaming of the system. Please join us as they present the rationale and details behind the Ranking Algorithm by video conference and answer community questions about it.

The event will be on Tuesday, December 4th, from 1-2PM EDT. Please register to receive an invite here. (We will post the Zoom link details below as well.) This may be of interest to those interested in the App Mining incentive system as engineers, game theorists, or community members! We hope everyone can make it, but we’ll be sure to record the presentation and share after.

Looking forward!

8 Likes

Hype for this one! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey All – full details for the presentation below!

Topic: Game Theorist App Mining Presentation
Time: Dec 4, 2018 1:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile
+16468769923,558376029# US (New York)
+16699006833,558376029# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 558 376 029
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/arWqczxn5

Couldn’t make it :cry: , looking forward for the recording :smile:

1 Like

We’re just sharpening it up, will share soon!

6 Likes

Hey, @Gina any update on this please?

I Missed it!

@Gina is there any recording and/or report from this event?

1 Like

Hey everyone! We’ve recorded the session and are just wrapping up the final review of whitepaper, and will share both early next week. Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

Hello! You may have seen the recent publishing of the blog post on The Aggregation Algorithm and Game Theory Behind Blockstack’s App Mining but it includes the video breakdown and the full paper for your reference! Please check it out and let us know your thoughts!

3 Likes

#1 ~ 20% total money
#1 + #2 + #3 ~ 49% total money
#1 +…+ #10 ~ 90% total money
From #15, each app received less than 1% of total money

I agree that using one function - R(app) = 20% (Total money left - Total money spend out) is simple. But I’m not sure this algorithm will attract top devs. It’s not much different between #1 and #3.

I think if we can make #2 crying then we have enough incentive.

2 Likes