Clarity, smart contracts, and education have repeatedly come up as hot topics throughout our meetings. During the 2020/03/30 business model lab session we discussed the possibility of a mini-tutorial-creation-hackathon leading up to the Clarity hackathon at the end of April.
Notes from the meeting:
- there is a template with best practices from PBC
- there could be a prize or incentive structure
- there could be focus on actionable items from the past two exercises
Topics from the RICE scoring sheet as reported in the 2020/03/23 business model lab session are below.
- Hackathon: most innovative use cases of Clarity
- Integration: using Clarity to interact with crypto exchanges
- Smart Contract: certify documents
- Smart Contract: create a time-sensitive token whose value goes to zero after a certain deadline
- Smart Contract: randomly select a winner, like in a lottery
- Smart Contract: track collaboration between users
- Smart Contract: verify data from IoT devices
- Smart Contract: verify multiple identities
- Smart Contract: verify signatures
- Tutorial: how to build an NFT smart contract
- Tutorial: Zero-to-Clarity, how to write and implement Clarity smart contracts
- Blockstack Certification Registry - Reputation Verification: Create a smart contract executed between a “Certificate Issuing Authority” and a “Student” - Creates a verifiable Reputation Registry for Blockchain / Blockstack professionals for various levels (developer, architect)
- "Blockstack Gaming: Would be interested in setting up a smart contract interacting with STX to provide the ability to 1) Create a game - contribute tokens 2) Joining the game - contribute tokens 3) Determining a winner - assign tokens.
A couple of ideas:
- Challenge app - Flip a Coin
- Challenge app - How much will BTC be a week from now?
- Fantasy league - Create a fantasy league for Crypto trading - https://github.com/ERPGenie/BlockstackGame"
- Workshop: how to use smart contracts for pay-as-you-go or subscription services
- Tutorial: App creators creating value for the ecosystem, i.e. reward existing holders with STX and convert new users to STX hodlers via app usage
- Dev: Figure out ways to create crypto hybrid models, i.e. BTC/STX or ETH/STX in order to connect to the wider crypto ecosystem
- Tutorial: Economics of Stacks 2.0 (how different stakeholders, i.e. miners, stackers, can generate value for the ecosystem)
- Tutorial: Zero-to-STX, how to send/receive STX as part of your app
- Tutorial: Zero-to-Token, how to send/receive STX as part of your app
- Wiki: existing crypto specific business models, i.e. micro transactions, money streaming, crypto collectibles, ICOs, NFTs, flash loans, staking
- Agree on what makes potential business models on Blockstack unique, i.e. ability to support app chains and payments for data
- Come up with user friendly experiences / models that abstract away complexity of crypto, i.e. users can simply engage with fiat
- Zero to Fiat / Zero to STX / Zero to newCoin() / Zero to Delegator
We need community input to know what to focus on first, as well as to gauge interest in this idea. As we are getting closer to the Stacks 2.0 launch educational materials are an important cornerstone to development on both testnet and mainnet.
This post is intended to start a conversation. Please feel free to submit any additional ideas for educational materials, tutorials, and/or comments. Thank you!