Note - as a new user I am only allowed 2 links per post, so I edited the below to accommodate that.
I set up my Blockstack ID on 1/24/20 from my phone, and proceeded to set up my profile, picture, bio, etc. I also setup a second Blockstack ID for my company, Absorbing Chaos, and added some of the same info.
In trying to access the same account from my laptop at the office, I ran into some weird issues, and it appears I have lost my profile information. Here are the steps I took and the results:
- From browser (.blockstack.org), I tried to recovery my account using the magic recovery key.
- I was asked to create a password instead of enter one, although I didn’t realize it the first time as I was copying/pasting from my password manager. I entered my original password into both fields, and I was greeted with a blank profile.
- I was asked to enter an email address, which I did, but the info that showed up looked incorrect/incomplete like a brand new account (no user name, no pic, no bio, etc).
- From browser (.blockstack.org), I reset the browser, and I tried logging in again with the magic recovery key. It asked me for a new password again, so I canceled.
- From browser (.blockstack.org), I logged in using the Magic Recovery Code, and it restored my blockstack ID. I was able to access it and the related apps I set up (Lander and SpringRole), but my core account info was still missing.
- From my phone, where I originally set up the account, I viewed the identity page in browser (.blockstack.org). My profile went from filled in at 50% to 0% and the info I entered disappeared.
I am using Vivaldi and Vivaldi Mobile, if that makes a difference, otherwise I am at a loss for what I did wrong. I even reviewed the info in the docs and it appears I correctly followed each step. (hxxps://docs.blockstack.org/browser/ids-introduction.html)
I am also concerned that I will be unable to recover my secondary company ID that was linked to whoabuddy.blockstack.id (absorbingchaos.blockstack.id), or that I will lose the information entered there as well.
When I search on Blockstack Explorer my results are not encouraging, either:
- For whoabuddy, no profile information available.
- For absorbingchaos, no profile information available.
Please let me know if I can provide any additional information, I would hate for this to happen to anyone else!