Importing Legacy OneName address without account

I created two onename names in the early days of onename, and I used the same email address to create them both.

I have the twelve-word backup phrases and recovery keys for both names.

I’m now trying to move the two names to BlockStack. The instructions tell me to create a blockstack account and then import from my onename account.

I have a onename account, but it only has one of my two names associated.

When I try to restore my second name using my email and recovery passphrase, it doesn’t let me. I think this is because both of my names used the same email address.

Can you please help? I’m not sure how to proceed so both of my names can be used on blockstack

Am I able to import into blockstack without a OneName account? Or can I restore my second name into a new OneName account even though the email address is used twice? Or maybe change my email on the second name and then restore it?

Please help

Hey @duanehutchins, sorry to hear you’re having trouble!

I have a onename account, but it only has one of my two names associated.
When I try to restore my second name using my email and recovery passphrase, it doesn’t let me. I think this is because both of my names used the same email address.

Can you send an email to [email protected] with your email and names? We can get this sorted out there.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I sent an email there a bit over an hour ago. It’s request 2709.

I really appreciate all your help.

Just to update in case anyone else has this issue.

They can’t move over two onename accounts which use the same email. In 2014, their system allowed multiple accounts on the same email, but not since then.

To transfer my other name, support had to do it manually after the name expired off of onename. So, contact support to move the second name for you.

I hope that helps.