How to transfer Blockstack IDs?

Is it possible to transfer Blockstack IDs to a different account, either via command line or Blockstack Browser?

From what I remember, late last year this functionality existed in the cli but not the browser, but I’m not sure. I’ve never actually transferred an ID before.

If it is possible, can someone share how?

You should be able to do it with the experimental Blockstack CLI that @jude is working on. The help guide on the CLI is pretty useful and here’s a video I did if you need any help with the install.

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I was unable to get the CLI installed because of the dependency error:

npm ERR! notarget No matching version found for [email protected]

I did try installing the Stacks branch the way you described at the start of the video but I still got that error. It’s weird because when I do “npm view -g” I see:

├─┬ [email protected] -> /Users/cyrus/blockstack.js

But I still get the error when installing the CLI.

Is this CLI currently the only way to transfer a Blockstack ID?

Did you actually try and download the branch the way I did it in the video e.g. download 18.0 directly from Github? I kept getting the same error you’re describing above and that was the only way I was able to get around it.

And, yes, I believe the CLI is the only way to transfer names now. I know the CLI can be a little difficult to install but once you get it done it’s pretty easy to use.

Ah bummer. Yes, I did download directly from Github the way you did in the video.

I guess I will have to wait until something about the CLI installation process changes or this functionality gets added into the browser.