How to restore a keychain in blockstack CLI?

I created a blockstack ID using the new ‘native’ version of the blockstack browser on Windows.
Subsequently I started playing with the blockstack CLI.
How can I use the blockstack ID I created in the CLI? I’ve been trying to find a command that would allow me to restore my wallet using the keychain passphrase.

Also any resources about how the keychain works with the CLI would be helpful.

1 Like

Hey @smo,

The CLI uses a different wallet system than the browser. There’s not yet a straightforward way to transfer names from the CLI to the browser–you’ll have to first update the name with an appropriate Gaia-hub zone file, and then transfer the name to your ID-address. I’m working on a tool that will make this automatic, so stay tuned!

EDIT: you may be interested in this github thread on the design of the browser’s keychain system :slight_smile: https://github.com/blockstack/blockstack-browser/issues/330

Similarly to @smo, I am curious how I can transfer the account which I have registered on machine A using the browser over to the machine B where I am using the CLI when I have no .id linked to account in machin A, just the ID- and Keychain?

If I follow the steps above:

1. update the name
  2. transfer the name

We are assuming that I must have a .id that I am transferring correct?

I think I have a similar question as @smo. I assumed that the 12 word phrase that I wrote down when setting up the blockstack-browser (on Windows) might be used when setting up the setting up the blockstack client (python cmdline client).

Alas, I can not find a blockstack command line that will prompt me for an existing 12 word phrase. I do not want to create a new ID-address for the cmdline client. I want to set up the cmdline client so that I am using the same wallet (and ID-address) with in cmdline client and the in browser.

Is this not possible?