How to calculating a estimate revenue on App Mining?

We are currently working on a new Community Management Platform in which give the user the ability to create, fund and manage a community in one place. the entire platform is currently building on Blockstack.

I’m wondering how I can estimate my app’s earning from App Mining to include it to my current Bussiness Model?
is there any relation between the number of users and/or active users and the amount of Bitcoin that my app will earn?

Thanks

2 Likes

For assistance with some of the calculations miners need to make, there are several websites that provide profitability calculators. You can input parameters such as equipment cost, hash rate, power consumption, and the current bitcoin price, to see how long it will take to pay back your investment.

Thank you for your replay @JeffryR.

but what I meant was from blockstack’s App Mining program as describes here:

Generally, you can read up on the ranking algorithm in this blog post:

https://blog.app.co/how-app-minings-ranking-algorithm-works/

For this situation, it is hard to come up with a determinant revenue stream that you can confidently fit into a business model. For one, your ranking is highly dependent on the rankings of other apps. You could improve your product quite a bit, but if everyone else also improves, your ranking and revenue could stay the same.

Currently, none of our ranking criteria are metrics based (i.e. number of users), but even if that was the case, your revenue would still be determined by those metrics relative to other apps.

My best suggestion for you would be to go through the public results from our alpha run and give an honest guess about how you might rank compared to these apps, based on quality of your app and execution. For example, you may decide that you feel confident that you could rank between 3-8. When we pay out $100k USD per month (which we are in the next cohort), that means you might expect to earn between $4,200 and $12,800 per month.

It’s important to know that this would just be a guess, and the best thing you can do is just focus on building the best app possible.

2 Likes

Thank you @hank it was very helpful.