How can I verify my Instagram account?

Instagram Verification Process

PLEASE NOTE: Verifications need to be posted publicly and will NOT work if deleted. The reason the software needs it to be left up is so other users can verify that the owner of all the accounts is the same.

IMPORTANT: For social verification to work with Instagram specifically, you MUST set your profile to public. To do this you must access the Instagram App on your mobile device. Navigate to your profile screen and tap on the gear wheel icon next to the “edit profile” button.

Scroll down to the bottom of the “Account” section and make sure the “Private Account” switch is off.

To verify your Instagram account, click prove my Instagram account.

You’ll be prompted to enter your username. Navigate to your profile page on Instagram either on your mobile device or computer. For the example below, the username is xanditt. Do NOT include an @ symbol in the Blockstack window.

Next copy the verification message displayed under “Verification Instructions”

Send the verification message to yourself using any method that allows you to access and copy it on your mobile device. On your mobile device, copy the verification message.

Now navigate to the Instagram app on your mobile device. From there you have 2 options:

1. Create a new post and copy and paste the verification message into the “description” field, which should look like the below, then hit post

1. Go to an an old post, select edit, replace the original post description with the verification message, as seen below:

Now repost the image, which should look like the example below (picture may be different):

Now, using your computer, go to www.instagram.com and navigate to your desktop profile page.

Find and click on the post containing your verification message, and then click on the three dots in the lower right hand corner as seen below:

Select “Go to Post”

Copy the URL that then appears in your browser

Go back to Blockstack Browser window, and paste in the link you just copied and hit enter. It will look like this.

Might look red for a couple seconds while it collects data but will be clearly verified almost instantly. If you are still experiencing problems, please try resetting your browser.

2 Likes