Frustration with not being able to complete social media verification process

None of my social media accts have been verified. I have followed the instructions carefully using Windows 10 Edge, Brave, Chrome. This is obviously a big problem for many users. It’s hindering progress for BlockStack. Please help. Or, I will simply delete my account.

Hello,

Can you please tell me if you are using the latest version of blockstack browser?
Also did you have a prior version installed?
Windows 10 version used to use a docker container to manage core api at localhost, but in the latest Windows version disabled that and is using core.blockstack.org for core api, until core is able to be integrated natively on windows.

When you are looking at your ID’s tab, click F12 and tell me if you show any console errors.

Sounds like you might be experiencing a conflict with an old install.

1 Like

Thank you for responding to my comment. Sorry I was so surly but I’m frustrated. BlockStack is the premiere blockchain provider and I want to be a part of it. This is what I see. Windows 10, Chrome, IVPN May I request to delete this account & start a completely new one. I think this version is obsolete. Please provide a link how to delete & how to install latest version. Thanks!

I would like to comment further on this thread. My respect for BlockStack has increased significantly for the simple fact you responded to my comment so quickly and so professionally. If we are to build a new Internet we must communicate with each other. Thank you for taking the time to communicate with me. That speaks very highly of you folks.

1 Like

Hey @LarryLSharp, thank you for sharing the JS console errors. Thank you also @cryptocracy for being super-helpful as always :slight_smile:

I took a look at the profile associated with the address 165En55xmDy9Q2cD3drgz8LSgjYL7uC3pZ. If this one is still yours, can you try making the following corrections?

• In your github gist, the text must say Verifying my Blockstack ID is secured by the address 165En55xmDy9Q2cD3drgz8LSgjYL7uC3pZ. It also can’t be an anonymous gist; it has to be associated with your github account. Here’s an example.
  • For your twitter, it looks like you accidentally put the text Verifying my Blockstack ID is secured with the address 165En55xmDy9Q2cD3drgz8LSgjYL7uC3pZ https://explorer.blockstack.org/address/165En55xmDy9Q2cD3drgz8LSgjYL7uC3pZ as the proof URL. Can you change this to the URL to the post?
  • For your facebook proof, the URL must be to the post in question. This can be found by (1) making it publicly visible, and (2) clicking “embed”, and then “advanced” to find the URL. An example can be found here.

We have more detailed step-by-step instructions on how to create various social proofs here as well. Please let me know if you’re still having trouble; we’re happy to help!

1 Like