I’ve been doing an “audit” of sorts and will be making suggestions over the next couple of day about how to improve the organization of our community hangout areas so that it’s easier to find things and participate.
First, I’d like to propose the following forum thread categories, some the same, others new:
- Announcements (community announcements: new companies, products, projects, etc)
- Apps (Blockstack apps)
- Articles (news from around the Internet relevant to Blockstack)
- Authentication (Blockchain Auth)
- Bitcoin (all things bitcoind)
- Blockchain ID (profile schema, data security, galleries, registrars, etc)
- Blockstack (GitHub discussions)
- Events (event announcements, notes, reviews, media, etc)
- Hiring (For people in the community looking for a job and organizations in the community looking for employees. Can also include part-time/contract gigs)
- Meta (about the forum)
- Naming (Resolvers, namespace policies, new namespaces)
- Other projects (doesn’t fit into other categories, still Blockstack related)
- Random (off-topic)
- Storage (DHT, Syndicate, Chainpoint, personal servers)
I would like your feedback about the Naming and Storage categories. I created these two categories rather than one Blockstore category because Blockstore is really two things: a tool for registering names in the blockchain, and a DHT to host profile data off-chain. The point of separating these into two topics is so that people more concerned with e.g. name resolvers, namespace policies, name formats, etc can go to naming, and others more concerned about where the profile data is stored can talk about that in storage.
I also welcome feedback about any of the other proposed categories, and suggestions for additional categories if I missed anything important.