Failed authentication, mixed content

So I’ve been playing around with Blockstack, I got authentication to work locally in a sample project, then I deployed it to Netlify, using the manifest.json from the Animal Kingdom example, and now it’s not working anymore, here’s the error I get:
Failed to fetch information about the app requesting authentication. Please contact the app maintainer to resolve the issue.

Looking through the console and network it doesn’t seem to be a cors problem, as soon as I click login the request to Blockstack gets canceled and the console spits out:
Mixed Content: The page at '{URL}' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'blockstack:...

The problem is that Vue doesn’t load the Blockstack resource over HTTP, and the documentation for BlockstackJS isn’t the greatest, so it’s a bit difficult to understand where things went wrong, anyone with any ideas? Netlify: Link

The error appears to suggest that Netlify hasn’t been configured to support CORS. Are you sure it has been?

I’m not experienced with Netlify personally so unsure what their default settings or controls look like.

1 Like

It looks like a CORS error, this is what I got:

Also curl -v https://boring-shaw-f70e1a.netlify.com/manifest.json shows no Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * header.

1 Like

Weird, I guess the network tab doesn’t show CORS errors anymore? Guess I’ll start using curl instead, now that I know it’s a CORS error I looked at the docs, which I should’ve done in the first place and noticed that the CORS files was in the wrong place, it happens…
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :smile: