Domain Migrations for Hiro-hosted Services
We are migrating!
Hiro-hosted services currently running on stacks.co and the much older Blockstack.org are now migrating to hiro.so. This move is part of an ongoing effort to better reflect the nature of the products and ensure that all Hiro products operate on Hiro’s domain. This migration will be rolled out over the next few weeks, and we expect to fully migrate all our products in April. We will share the latest updates for each of these as we roll out the changes.
In addition to our Hiro-built and hosted APIs, we operate and host a few mission-critical services for our ecosystem, including (but not limited to) our private Bitcoin nodes, Seed nodes, Gaia storage, and API. We have been operating these services at the stacks.co domain, and now as we revamp our infrastructure with new K8s clusters, this also is an excellent time for us to move them to the hiro.so domain and branding to better reflect their status and ownership.
This domain migration will also impact explorer.stacks.so. The Explorer will migrate to explorer.hiro.so .
If you are a developer using our:
- API, Clarinet or stacks.js: You need to use our new home for the API: https://api.hiro.so/ when the service goes live at an announced date in an upcoming post.
If you are a node operator:
You need to update your configuration with the new Seed and Bootstrap Nodes
We are kicking off this migration with the seed nodes and miners on Testnet and Mainnet. Our Seed nodes will be planted in the new domain the week of Mar 20 2023.
These are the new homes for our Testnet and Mainnet seeds.
Testnet Stack Seed nodes:
Old URL : http://testnet.stacks.co:20443/
New URL : http://seed.testnet.hiro.so:20443/
Mainnet Stacks Seed nodes:
Old URLs :
New URLs :
If you run a Stacks Blockchain node, these are the new bootstrap_node values:
Testnet Bootstrap Node: 029266faff4c8e0ca4f934f34996a[email protected]:20444
Mainnet Bootstrap Node: 02196f005965cebe6ddc3901b7b1c[email protected]:20444
If you use the explorer:
The experience will be the same (or better!) as before. Traffic to explorer.stacks.so will simply redirect to explorer.hiro.so. Check out our release roundups for monthly updates on the latest improvements to the Stacks Explorer.
Here’s more detail on each service being migrated and their new homes.
What’s Next :
- In the upcoming weeks, we will migrate the remainder of our services across Testnet and Mainnet, starting with the API .
- In addition to the API, Hiro hosts a Registrar service at the centre of registration for subdomains like .id, .stx, and .btc as part of Phase 3, we will migrate our Registrar services to their new homes.
- Hiro also hosts Gaia Hub, which is used as a decentralized storage layer across the Stacks ecosystem. We will also be migrating this at the tail end of this process.
- We will share the updated new homes and timelines for all these services as we roll these new clusters out. We will redirect traffic from our current stacks.co and Blockstack.org to hiro.so.
We will notify our users ahead of each phase of the upcoming migration.
The following services will be redirected from their existing traffic destination for a service running on the old cluster (app.stacks.co or app.blockstack.org) to a service running on the new cluster (app.hiro.so) for a short time during each phase:
API, Blockchain Pools, Explorer, Registrar, Gaia Hub
To continue using the following services domains, you will need to start using the new URLs; we will eventually decommission the old service domains: Seeds and Gaia Storage
Watch out for more updates in this space, and contact us if you have any questions.
UPDATE 1: Mar 14 2023:
If you are a node operator, please update the bootstrap_node config now in your config.toml. You will have trouble keeping up to the chain tip without this update. We will be updating our seed DNS records
on Mar 15 2023.
Testnet: 029266faff4c8e0ca4f934f34996a[email protected]:20444
Mainnet: 02196f005965cebe6ddc3901b7b1c[email protected]:20444
UPDATE 2: Mar 21 2023:
We are now migrating our API from the existing stacks.co to hiro.so.
Mainnet: https://stacks-node-api.stacks.co/ (/extended & /rosetta)] to https://api.hiro.so/
Testnet: https://stacks-node-api.testnet.stacks.co/ (/extended & /rosetta) to https://api.testnet.hiro.so/
You will need to update any references to the API across your products.
We will have auto redirects in place for stacks.co → hiro.so.
UPDATE 3: Apr 07 2023:
- We successfully migrated the explorer from explorer.stacks.co to explorer.hiro.so. We have 301 HTTP redirect set up, if your app doesn’t handle redirects , please update it ASAP.