Digital rights review dry run

Greetings app developers!

At New Internet Labs, we’re gearing up for a dry run this month as a digital rights reviewer in the App Mining program.

Ultimately, our goal in this role is to make sure apps respect users’ digital rights and are good citizens in the Blockstack ecosystem.

Initially, we’ll be looking at the degree to which apps store user data is a place they control by using the user’s Gaia hub and the degree to which users are able to use an identity they own - their Blockstack ID.

We’ll be examining each app and rating them app based on these factors.

The results of this dry run will be shared with the community so that we can all discuss how to proceed in the future.

It’s important to note that the results of this dry run will not affect the March App Mining results in any way.

I’m looking forward to this opportunity to work with you to help build an app ecosystem that delivers great value to users while making sure their rights are respected.

For more details, please check out the corresponding github issue: https://github.com/blockstack/app-mining/issues/8#issuecomment-472333843

8 Likes

@larry Good work. I will be happy to help and let me know if you need any “Good Citizen” from community.

1 Like