DECS - A decentralised app to organise your code snippets

Hello everyone,

Chandu from DECS team here. DECS - abbreviated as Decentralised Encrypted Code Snippets is a decentralised app to help developers organise their code snippets. Obviously, its powered by Blockstack and uses Gaia storage with end-to-end encryption capabilities.

Check it out at https://app.decs.xyz

We have all the necessary functionality to get you started and tons of new ideas.

A few ideas…

oEmbed
Like, Comment and Clone publicly discoverable code snippets
Chrome plugin to capture snippets easily
Save to DECS via email
Curated snippet collections
User badges
(Our plan is to prioritise new functionality based on community response)

We’d love to get some feedback and happy to answer questions!

Thank you.

4 Likes

Here is my first public snippet :slight_smile:

It feels really good. Some minor issues.

The public/private button is confusing. When the switch is off, the label says “private”, so I tried to switch private on. But suddenly, the label is public.

For me, it was not clear whether the code were saved or not.

The onboarding on mobile is a bit out of the frame.

1 Like

Hey @friedger,

Thank you for trying it out and the valuable feedback.

• The public/private button is confusing. When the switch is off, the label says “private”, so I tried to switch private on. But suddenly, the label is public.
  • For me, it was not clear whether the code was saved or not

Sure, will improve the UI to make the current status obvious. Also, will add a save - success alert.

The onboarding on mobile is a bit out of the frame.

Yes, I agree mobile views needs to be optimised. Will sort it out soon :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your time.

Now THIS is awesome! To be able to have code snippets available in one place, that’s also private and secure, but also sharable, is truly amazing! You should add this to the main Blockstack browser, for sure! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wonderful app team. Here is my first snippet. Will definitely continue using this.

1 Like