For this community call, our evangelists took over. To sum up it up, we heard about the various progress with their working group. Here’s a recap of what has been discussed:
What we tackled in this meeting:
- 1:30-1:40 - Community Updates from the PBC team
- 1:40-1:50 - Business Lab update with Jason Schrader
- 1:50-2:00 - Governance working group update with Juliet
- 2:00-2:10 - PoX working group update with Harold
- 2:10-2:30 - Open discussion and next action items
Community Update (PBC + Blockstackers)
- Developer Session of Shankar and Blocksurvey team with DSC-VIT
- Georgina and Alex Vinyas Take back the web with Code Motion Webinar
- Tiago Lucer: Blockstack Overview (Portuguese)
- breve video de introducción a Blockstack (Espanol)
- Marvin’s technical dive on Blockstack apps
- Shannon gave an update as we wrap up our Major League Hacking Tour! Look out for all the events in your city here.
- Jenny’s biggest update is about the new workflow for Community project management! TLDR:
- For live updates and just hanging out → Discord
- Asynchronous conversation → Forum
- Working group project updates → Github
Business Working Group by @whoabuddy
- “ I have may not gone where I intended to go but I ended up where I needed to be” - Jason quoted Douglas Adams on how he feels with our community
- Jason gave a high-level overview of 2020/02/24 Business Lab Meeting
- Second, He made an emphasis on the forum and new communications flow
- Third, He provided with additional notes and resources
- Lastly, Jason selected some conversations from discord and shared it to the rest of the community.
Governance Working Group by @JulietOberding
Juliet started with an overview on what Governance is? She then followed with various progress from their working group such as
Resources for governance:
- Jason: Getting Started with governance
- Cryptogov Questionnaire gives a good overview of different types of governance in practice (on chain, off chain, and combo)
- Beginners guide to governance by Blockgeeks
- Juliet specifically mentioned learning about the difference between on-chain versus off-chain governance.
PoX Working Group by @genTre
- Harold gave an overview of the first townhall and the future of PoX. Second, he gave an update on the PoX call and that the stacks mining testnet will probably be by end of the 2nd week of March.
- Harold stated that in Xan’s call, that they are looking for at least 30 testers to join the initial testnet. He also mentioned about the minimal mining requirements that it can be done in mobile/laptop/PCs.
- Third, Harold described the initial steps to join the testnet:
- BS github→ Core, Rust, Camp→Core→BS CLI & Node→Talks to test net
- 1 line command→for non technical documentation/discord channel on launch →Node build its own copy/view of network/mempool of testnet txs→mining tool install,blocktemplate→take txs from mempool,create potential block broadcast to net with btc to compete for leader selection
- Lastly, in the upcoming weeks they will discuss and solidifies Brad’s gamified idea for testnet.
And that’s the minutes from our bi-weekly evangelist meeting! See you all the w/ the next one