Community Meeting (US) - 2.27.2020

For this community call, our evangelists took over. To sum up it up, we heard about the various progress with their working group. Here’s a recap of what has been discussed:

What we tackled in this meeting:

• 1:30-1:40 - Community Updates from the PBC team
  • 1:40-1:50 - Business Lab update with Jason Schrader
  • 1:50-2:00 - Governance working group update with Juliet
  • 2:00-2:10 - PoX working group update with Harold
  • 2:10-2:30 - Open discussion and next action items

:medal_sports: Community Update (PBC + Blockstackers)

:briefcase:Business Working Group by @whoabuddy

• I have may not gone where I intended to go but I ended up where I needed to be” - Jason quoted Douglas Adams on how he feels with our community
  • Jason gave a high-level overview of 2020/02/24 Business Lab Meeting
  • Second, He made an emphasis on the forum and new communications flow
  • Third, He provided with additional notes and resources
  • Lastly, Jason selected some conversations from discord and shared it to the rest of the community.

:balance_scale:Governance Working Group by @JulietOberding

:hammer:PoX Working Group by @genTre

• Harold gave an overview of the first townhall and the future of PoX. Second, he gave an update on the PoX call and that the stacks mining testnet will probably be by end of the 2nd week of March.
  • Harold stated that in Xan’s call, that they are looking for at least 30 testers to join the initial testnet. He also mentioned about the minimal mining requirements that it can be done in mobile/laptop/PCs.
  • Third, Harold described the initial steps to join the testnet:
    • BS github→ Core, Rust, Camp→Core→BS CLI & Node→Talks to test net
    • 1 line command→for non technical documentation/discord channel on launch →Node build its own copy/view of network/mempool of testnet txs→mining tool install,blocktemplate→take txs from mempool,create potential block broadcast to net with btc to compete for leader selection
  • Lastly, in the upcoming weeks they will discuss and solidifies Brad’s gamified idea for testnet.

And that’s the minutes from our bi-weekly evangelist meeting! See you all the w/ the next one :point_up:

3 Likes