Collections or no collections?

Hey folks,

I’m trying to think what the future for Ongaku Ryoho will look like. And I was wondering if collections are actually going to be a thing or not? If so, any ideas on a timeline?

Here’s what I think collections are:

• Every user has a few default collections, for example, music and photos
  • When authenticated on an app, the app can use items from a collection (if permitted by the user)
  • You can share collections with other people (again, if permitted)

Thanks!

Collections? Can you expand on that?

Oh whoops :sweat_smile: I’ve updated the post above, thanks!

1 Like

@icidasset Collections are definitely in our roadmap. We are still finalizing the basic API for Gaia storage. Collections are the next step there. I think we are planning to build those on top of the primitives we are finalizing now. But @jude might have some more information on that.

2 Likes

I like this idea. I had envisioned something like a “My Library” service, which like @icidasset said includes music, photos, movies, etc. Basically it’s media storage, and it could be expanded to include more things like essays and articles, source code repositories, and reviews

Additionally, services could distribute the content directly to your collection/library. For example, a record label could list music on their website or some record label community website and you could click something like “add to my library” and you may have to purchase it but then it becomes available for your use

same thing could work for subscription services or rentals

1 Like