Clicking Sign in with Blockstack opens Launch Application window

Hello I’m a newby. I am currently trying to use the blockstack todos app. I have created an account successfully after installing the browser. I am at 75% complete and level 3, after providing 3 social media accounts that verified successfully. I am running on windows 10. I was also able to install the todos git hub project without issue.

However when I launch the Blockstack Todo App and click on the Sign In With Blockstack button, I get a Launch Application window that by default shows Office 2016 as a selection.launchAppWindow.
I also tried adding the blockstack browser as an application to open the link (this is the strange exe in the screenshot) but that did not help.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Actually this was happening because I was running on windows and not everything is working yet on windows. I’ve switched to my mac.

As of the date of this posting, I am still seeing this same behavior on Windows. A workaround is to use the “Choose” button then browse to the follow:

C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\Programs\Blockstack\Blockstack Browser\ProtocolHandler.exe

Click the “Remember my choice for blockstack links” checkbox.

1 Like

Hi,
same problem here :frowning:

I used the ProtocollHandler.exe now, but then I am just asked to create a new account or restore my existing keychain.

I wanted to start Gaphite.
I am using Windows 10 with Firefox.

Are you sure that blockstack is running in your tray?