Browser doesn't display names anymore

Hi there,

I have started a month ago, my names appeared after registration and withdrawal.
But now, after registration, and effective withdrawal names don’t show up on my id.
Can I expect, to see my owned names to be returned on my own id ?
How can I have a control of my names if I never see them on id address ?
It’s disturbing to work with strategy.

Do you experience the same? What’s your opinion?

Kindest regards

Hi @maritwera,

This may be due to some of your names being owned by the same address. Currently, the browser will only display one name owned per identity address as its intended use is to generate a new identity address for every name you wish to buy/own/manage.

If you purchased some of your names with the same address and all registration transactions have been completed without interruption, your address still owns all registered names, but they won’t all show up as they are owned by a single identity address. The browser will only display one name at a time per identity address even though the address owns multiple names.

We currently have two GitHub issues open to track this and provide a better user experience for multi-name addresses:

Hello Sebastian,

I appreciate the availability to download latest version of Blockstack improving the browser.
However, I wonder if Blockstack is planning an historical list of all purchases in order to follow them better and anticipate renewal. Plus, I still have some names missing in my visible list.

Many thanks
best regards from France

Marit

Hello Sebastian,

I appreciate the availability to download latest version of Blockstack improving the browser.
However, I wonder if Blockstack is planning an historical list of all purchases in order to follow them better and anticipate renewal. Plus, I still have some names missing in my visible list.

Many thanks
best regards from France

Marit

Hi @maritwera,

Currently, the Explorer is the only way to search for addresses and username registrations. One of our users made a tool (Utilidapp, a Blockstack ID Calculator) that lets you research the approximate expiration date of a username, renewal cost, etc.

In our latest update, we provided a bug fix for missing usernames after restoring an ID. Currently, the browser will only display one name at a time for a single identity address, even though the address owns multiple names. The Github issues for multi-name addresses are still open and we are working on providing a better user experience for managing IDs with multiple names.