Authentication issues with simple app

Hi all,

I am a web developer by trade and I’ve been trying my hand at writing a Blockstack app. I have having some problems right now with the authentication. At first I thought it might be a CORS issue or a conflict with the JS framework that I didn’t understand so I thought I would take it down to as simple JS app as I could (code here) but I still not have been able to get it to work.

When ever I click on my “Sign In” button I get redirected to the Blockstack Browser page but then I get the model with the error:

Sign In Request
Invalid Sign In Request

I am using blockstack.js version 0.9.4 and
Blockstack Browser version 0.15.0.

I am hoping someone with more experience building Blockstack apps could help me figure out why this might not be working.

Code linked above is what got me to the screenshot attached below. Wondering if it is just my Blockstack settings having got messed up? (I’ve had to move configs arounds when learning about Blockstack Browser and Blockstack CLI.)

Thanks in advance!

So, I backed up my original Blockstack Browser folder (~/Library/Application\ Support/Blockstack), cleared my browser local storage, and started fresh. Then, it still didn’t work… but I had fewer errors in my browser console. Only one in fact!

After, getting it down to one error I figured out it was asking for a manifest.json file. I looked at the example Blockstack-Todo code and taking a look at the tutorials again I found it. I had been looking at the Todo tutorial and hadn’t taken enough time looking that the Hello, Blockstack tutorial.

In any case this commit fixed it! My first Blockstack App! :raised_hands:t4::tada:

I’ll be continuing on playing with Blockstack but I wanted to report back I found a solution for anyone else that might come across this.

4 Likes

From your screenshots, the connection refused method means your Blockstack core node isn’t running. It might have had some trouble starting up. If you are willing to send logs we can take a look at them for you to see what the problem was:

1 Like

Please check the redirect link which you are passing to the makeAuthRequest function, I hope when you pass the origin URL it will work.