After Blockstack Upgrade to version 0.20.1 I no longer see my id listed!

Hi,

I upgraded Blockstack to Blockstack-for-macOS-v0.20.1.
My blockstack is acdevan.id. After I upgraded, my id is no longer listed in IDs.

I had some difficulties registering for the token sale as an unaccredited investor & this prompted the upgrade.

I would appreciate help with this issue. Thanks!

Hey @acdevan, sorry to hear you’re having difficulties!

Looking at the explorer (https://explorer.blockstack.org/name/acdevan.id), it looks like acdevan.id is owned by 1LJctrRJojxnkkkeYLVEwBJhgzodfsbS5j.

Looking at your name’s blockchain history, it looks like you registered this name in a much earlier version of the browser, and have your profile stored on Dropbox. The wallet format changed between the earlier releases and the current release, which means that the backup phrase you used will not resolve to your older names. But don’t worry–you still own the name! We’re going to release a migration tool that will help early users transfer their names to the current wallet (the core developers, myself included, are in the same boat with some of the names we own).

Fortunately, you do not need a Blockstack ID to participate in the token sale :slight_smile: Instead, you can create a new ID, fill in as many social proofs as you can, and then use it to sign into the sale site. That way, you can still get a voucher.

We’ll release notes on how to migrate names registered with early versions of the browser sometime after the sale ends.

Hope this was helpful!

2 Likes

Hi Jude,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, I can’t register for a voucher as an unaccredited investor. When I get to this site, https://blockstack.com/sale-registration, and click on “Sign in with Blockstack”, it doesn’t realise that I already have Blockstack installed and running. The message that I get is “You need to set up Blockstack in order to sign in.”. I can’t proceed from that point onwards.

Frankly, this is getting to be a little frustrating. But I do appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Arun

Hey @acdevan,

Unfortunately, I can’t register for a voucher as an unaccredited investor

The voucher system is specifically designed for unaccredited investors :slight_smile: The precise mechanics of how it works are available here.

When I get to this site, https://blockstack.com/sale-registration1, and click on “Sign in with Blockstack”, it doesn’t realise that I already have Blockstack installed and running. The message that I get is “You need to set up Blockstack in order to sign in.”. I can’t proceed from that point onwards.

That’s strange. Can you try stopping the browser, and then starting it again using the app icon?

If that doesn’t work, we also have a Web-hosted version of the browser that requires no installation. Details here.

I am exactly in the same situation. i registered names in a much earlier version of the browser (dropbox) and now they are not available (at the moment).

Thanks for answering and giving the hope for a future migration tool! How can i get notified on that?

Hi, just checking in here with the same question. I registered a few names but now I only see one. I gather from this thread that the names are still there and at some point there will be a tool to migrate them. No huge rush on my end but I would like to be informed when this is ready. Thanks!

Hi, I am also just checking in with that same question. I also registered a few names but only see one now. I very much look forward to a migration tool which will help me get those names back.

What is the ETA for such a tool?

Hey @jude. You wrote about a migration tool to help early users transfer their nomes to the current wallet (names, stored on Dropbox).
Are there any news. I could not find further informations about that and i am in fear to lose my names?

Thank you very much for any reply.