#07 - Weekly SIP Call - Consideration Advisory Boards - CABs (SIP=Stacks Improvement Proposal)

Dear all Stackers and contributors!

Would like to share the recent effort we kick-started, to grow & expand the SIP process
(SIP stands for Stacks Improvement Proposal). We have been having weekly SIP calls for the past 7 weeks, every Friday 11AM EST. (this coming Friday only will be at 10am EST)

• :speech_balloon: This week I presented what CABs are, and how they fit into the SIP process. Time commit wise I’ve attached a picture below to give you a brief idea. Please reach out to me or have a look the meeting notes to find out more. It is a very important part of the Stacks core decision making process, I’d encourage people to contribute or participate wherever you could!

• :ledger: Meeting notes link here:
    Weekly SIP Meeting Agenda · Issue #79 · stacksgov/sips · GitHub

• :tv: Link to the recording: Integrating Taproot Into Stacks - SIP Call (07-22-2022) - YouTube

• :dizzy: Previous weeks we have hosted these topics with many the smartest people in Stacks:
    Week #1. Decentralization of mining
    Week #2. SIP voting process & general SIP process
    Week #3. Stacks 2.1 upgrade + Ecosystem DAO
    Week #4. Standardization of Bitcoin derivation Path
    Week #5. Taproot integration
    Week #6. STX Mining report July 2022
    *You can watch all recordings here: Stacks Community - YouTube

• :spiral_calendar: If you wanna add this SIP event to your calendar, use this link: Events

More to come for the SIP process stay tuned! :bell:

• :spiral_calendar: Upcoming schedule:
    - 12th August 10AM EST: NFT with Bitcoin addresses/tx discussion

Have a nice day! :high_brightness:
Bitcoin & Stacks for the win! :100:

If you are interested in any part about SIP, or wanna contribute on any level, please feel free to reach out to me! :hugs:

1 Like