Mining Coming Soon!
Welcome back to the weekly update on the anticipated Stacks 2.0 protocol upgrade, including PoX. The Neon phase of the testnet went live two weeks ago with work since focused on eliminating bugs and improving overall resiliency.
The team is now primarily focused on opening up mining for everyone (ETA a few days) and readying Argon, the next phase of testnet which will offer a working explorer and Clarity enhancements (tentative ETA, 1 week).
Here are some of the highlighted technical updates and fixes from the second week of Neon:
- Improved transaction error messaging. This makes error responses better for programmatic usage. → Github
- Made Neon nodes configurable as a miner/not-miner. This allows someone to start up a node specifically for the purposes of mining. → Github
- Updated the transaction builder to automatically fetch the account nonce from a Stacks node if a nonce is not specified, making integration easier. → Github
- Added support for strings to contract principals and asset info IDs, improving the developer experience. → Github
- Added a fee estimate function to calculate the estimated fee of an STX transaction. This was also added to the Clarity Smart Contract builder, which will set fees automatically if not specified. → Github
Visit testnet.blockstack.org to get started on Neon Testnet and run a Stacks Node.