Welcome back to the weekly update on the anticipated Stacks 2.0 protocol upgrade, including PoX. The Neon phase of the testnet went live last week. Here are some of the highlighted technical updates and fixes from the first week of Neon:
- Added a better Genesis sequence and improved Verifiable Random Function key management for the testnet. This will help the first block to be mined more easily and allow testnet STX Mining to begin. The full PR is on Github.
- Improved block relay and download performance. The full PR is on Github.
- Fixed an issue with how Neon nodes were generating block commits. In particular, the miner would send bad commits if a sortition was missed and then never recover. The full PR is on Github.
- Added the ability to broadcast transactions to the Neon network. The full PR is on Github.
- Added support for finding a Clarity smart contract by searching for the transaction ID on the test network. The full PR is on Github.
- Additional initial bug fixes related to the Neon testnet can be seen here.
Visit testnet.blockstack.org to get started on Neon Testnet and run a Stacks Node.