Linux Walkthrough

No, I’ve set it up using the Git repos, and have blockstack core in a Python virtualenv. I added the protocol handler manually, and I just npm install-ed all the things for the node server.

So I basically run a dev environment setup.

Hi @odinho ,
I wonder if you did manage to get over the sensible-browser issue you had.
I’m running Ubuntu 16.04 (thought it was the easiest/fastest way to set up a new system) and in my case, xdg-open insists on opening Firefox when ran for the script. If I use it from the CLI, it opens Chromium has it should.

Hello @jude Jude,

thanks for the clarifications on the use of the keys and passwords, but it seems I’m still running into a problem when trying the helloblockstack app.
My installation on Ubuntu 16.04 went OK, and was close to wat I are suggesting in this walk-through. (I used the installation script from the Docker site to install docker)
So, I managed to get the blockstack-browser up and running BUT when I try to run the helloblockstack app, it opens a new tab and then displays a modal dialog saying:
Sign In Request
Loading app details...
but then waits forever.
I suspect there must be some mismatch with keys and access rights, but can’t figure out which one, nor decide where to look to find out.
Any idea?

I have the same problem, been trying to figure it out for 2 days

Hi @jude

Just wondering if the Linux install will be updated? And can we possibly do without the Docker thing?

Pete

We’re recommending that Linux users who can’t use Docker for whatever reason to either use the hosted version at browser.blockstack.org, or to install from source on Github. There are just too many different distro-specific quirks to deal with for us to try and ship a Linux wallet without Docker.

1 Like