Bitcoin Terminology is Completely Broken

and you may find the work of prof dirk baecker … also relevant … he worked with luhmann … and has progressed luhmanns work into organisational theory … especially around the ‘laws of form’ …

i like baecker because he, with others, have put forward a way to move past the subject object trap … and introduced the notion of catjects (which look and behaviour surprising like python arrays)

about catjects

Thanks for the link to

Read through a bit of it. You were the one to take Niklas Luhmann’s book and chop it up like that? I really like that format. Will check out his book.

thanks @glepage

i did that a few years ago … when i was exploring the 20th century world of cybernetic thinkers and systems thinkers …

using the tools of the day … ms word and ‘search and replace’ …

luhmann was the least celebrated within the LinkedIn discussion groups on either topics …

which represents to me, the parochial thinking endemic to critical thought up until the 21st century and the internet …

i like mediawiki … and this is one of 70 articles … i have curated to form a knowledge base or essential guides for any given glocalised community of common interest … to refer to as they grow …

70+ useful guides

this gifa is a 4 page - 120 sec summary of my view on viable communities of common interest … that map back to the mediawiki knowledge base …

@gjhiggins … the top of frame 1 is an example of a baecker catject in the visual nomenclature of the polyglot George S Brown … (and the 4 frames are peppered with luhmannism’s eg language, irritants, structural differentiation, mimetics, symbolic generalisations of exchange)

@glepage @ryan @muneeb … the list of 12 ‘system irritants’ on frame 4 … all require in some form or other …

21st century viability === [ identity mgt | smart contracts | edu.tech | fin.tech ] …

or visualised as a single 350x350px animated gif

and alongside luhmann … i now know stands stafford beer … the english cybernetic organisational theorist …

who invented the viable system model … and the non-hierarchical decision making protocol … called syntegrity … based on the icosahedron …

which provides the structural basis to forming up a 30 strong team …

as a precursor to scaling exponentially eg 30 x 30 = 900 … 900 x 30 = 27,000

here as IPFS data object -
https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmV2xVNBwhcLxnrNw1pczUVvWQ6iwNrAucuToKQ5Pwk9SQ

and where for me, beyond lean and agile …

21st century teams must be able to spin … on multiple axis …

and foam … via 12 nodes and/or 20 edges and/or 30 faces …

which is what the icosahedron does better than the other platonic solids…

tetrahedron … octahedron (ethereum logo) … cube (blockchain logo)

or as IPFS hash …
https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmaJiadPTejrFy8bE6YwzYVgnJwRD3A5iKWBetf8TBczkk

@gjhiggins … which is why i recommend peter sloterdijk …

because he has revealed the socio-logic of … best practice … bubbles … globes … and foam …

or as 1 of a sequence of 300 viable community designers - web 3.x …

and requisite terminology or vocabulary to enable meaningful participation in a web3.x ecosystem (ref luhmann) …

http://kapai.tv/community.php?image=2

fin

fyi @gjhiggins

… re terminology as precursor to participation … this from columbia u …multimedia glossary for studying film

and/or a-z vocabulary of smart contracts … as linkedin discussion

Why Bitcoin Will Continue To Grow In The Coming Year?

VISIT :https://www.digitalcoinsexchange.com/blogs/why-bitcoin-will-continue-to-grow-in-the-coming-year/

FYI @Gaurav116’s post was flagged as spam and I had to approve it. I think it’s because the domain has “sexchange” in it. Very unfortunate domain selection.

1 Like

In @larry’s latest newsletter released today, Issue #16, he mentioned the latest news from Blockstack with the latest release of Blockstack’s Decentralized DNS focus and the Blockstack CLI. He also mentions the naming issues with bitcoin linking to this forum post. A while back I created a blog post going into detail about how much of an issue the actual name of bitcoin is. I forgot to post the link to the blog post here so I am doing it now. Hopefully this will spring forth more conversation around the bitcoin brand and name.

1 Like

@larry really liking this description for the recent simplification of terminology/repositories:

Blockstore was actually a pretty good name, but it was hard to tell people about both blockstack (the community) and blockstore (some software). There’s a lot of cool new stuff in the Blockchain world and people have limited time to keep up with it. As a result, the community decided to use the same name for both project and community.
We also decided to describe what Blockstack does in term of the domain name system instead of the less understand “key-value store”. Everyone uses domain names and describing Blockstack as decentralized domain names gives the target audience - developers and people interested in Internet infrastructure - a much clearer view of its potential.

Link: https://www.getrevue.co/profile/larry/archive/12927

2 Likes

Agreed @muneeb. @larry hit the nail on the head with his newsletter. Blockstore was a really good name but there was a bit too much confusion between names. Also the Blockstack brand recognition and adoption seems to be much stronger.

1 Like